Tuesday, April 10, 2012

National Siblings Day


Do you believe in serendipity? Dictionary.com defines it as: "luck in making desirable discoveries by accident."

I just happened to be thinking about my sisters today and out of curiosity typed "National Sisters Day" into my Google search engine. I learned National Sisters Day isn't until the first Sunday in August, but serendipitously discovered that National Siblings Day is today, April 10!

It must be a sign I need to celebrate these two girls and our shared DNA!

Seamstress extraordinaire, aka Gigi, made us these gorgeous dresses, circa 1989. Since I was a mature 7th grader, I insisted that my dress not match my sisters. 
I believe this is my 26th birthday. Holly and I had both just moved back to Texas and were about to become roommates.
Laurie and I at our cousin Todd's wedding in Spokane, WA, 2005
Lounging in the pool in McCall, Idaho, 2008
At our cousin Taylor's wedding, Salt Lake City, 2011
Our favorite happy place, McCall, 2008
"They laughed a little louder,
they cried a little softer,
they lived a little stronger,
because they stood together...sisters."

Since my siblings just happen to be sisters, I guess it really is National Sisters Day, after all!

Love you, girls!
PK

2 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love, love, love the last pic!

Megan said...

This is such a cute post. Makes me wish I had sisters. Good thing I have Pisces sisters, eh?