Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Best Birthday Card Ever!

My sister Laurie has always had fun with her Hallmark greeting cards. I think she inherits this gift from my Dad. He's been known to stock up on discounted cards and then send them out on random occasions like half birthdays, June 25 (the other Christmas) and the ever exciting Tuesday.

So when my sister's card arrived this week, I couldn't wait to open up the envelope. Would it congratulate me on my recent adoption of a third world baby or pat me on my back for my successful completion of menopause. (I kid you not, we've covered both of these in the past!)

Luckily, she actually got the occasion right this time - my birthday. And while I appreciate the sweet and sappy cards from my Mom and Grandma, there's nothing like getting a card that makes you laugh so hard you almost wet yourself. I'll let you be the judge...

Inside: "Wishing you a great big happy birthday."

Maybe it isn't P.I.M.P. (Pee-in-my-pants) funny, but it sure struck a cord with me. Perhaps it's because I envision myself saying this one day. Considering I just went through menopause, it will be here before you know it!

Thanks for the belly laugh, Lou!
PK

4 comments:

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

What a cool card! I love giving and getting hilarious cards. I would totally give up a so so gift to get a great card that makes me laugh every time. LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL-ing! That's a good one!

Megan said...

Whoo! Great minds think alike. I bought that one for my mama this year. It's a knee slapper!

Cristi said...

Yes! I love that card!