"The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist man and ultimately defeat him." ~Russell Baker
PK's Car Woes (as of Jan. 4, 2009):
- replaced front bumper (due to accident involving black ice)
- replaced driver's side rear hubcap (unknown cause)
- when leaned down to examine new hubcap, I noticed a undiagnosed crack in rear bumper ($#%@!)
- oh, and the tire man said I had no tread on my front two tires (even though I bought said crappy tires less than a year ago)
- replaced rear bumper (due to accident involving black ice)
- when I picked up car from body shop (second time in two weeks), I noticed a foot-long crack in windshield that wasn't there when I dropped it off (due to "invisible rock chip" - at least that's what the insurance man is calling it)
- replaced front tires (did I mention my old tires were less than a year old?)
- still need to replace windshield (this will be my third windshield in 2 1/2 years)
After they crawl out of their cars, the man is yelling about women drivers.
The woman says, 'So, you're a man. That's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should be friends and live in peace for the rest of our days.'
Flattered, the man replies, 'Oh yes, I agree completely, this must be a sign from God! But you're still at fault...women shouldn't be allowed to drive.'
The woman continues, 'And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune.'
She hands the bottle to the man. The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman. The woman takes the bottle, puts the cap back on and hands it back to the man.
The man asks, 'Aren't you having any?'
The woman replies, 'No. I think I'll just wait for the police...'"
Isn't karma a funny thing?