Monday, November 16, 2009

Feeling Great at 88!

Disclaimer: The following post contains disturbing images. Parental discretion is advised.

My grandma Norma is quite the character. As this picture so clearly illustrates. Her assisted living home recently held a masquerade ball in honor of Halloween. She was so excited to dress up (this vintage gown has been hanging in her closet for over 50 years), that she had my sister go out an buy her a new black bra. I think someone broke curfew that night!

While at the ball, she met, dined and waltzed with Mr. Pierce, a.k.a. The King of England. They're special friends.

We didn't realize just how "special" until my sister snapped this incriminating photo. I'd like to blame the alcohol on this one, but apparently only prune juice was served that night.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the 1920's flapper smuggled some in. It is Prohibition after all. And I'd be willing to bet the King of England there's no prune juice in Mr. P.I.M.P's plastic goblet.

Long live dress up!
PK

1 comment: