Thursday, November 26, 2009

I *Heart* In-N-Out Burger!

"Welcome to In-N-Out! Can we take your order?"

Thursday, Nov. 19 marked a very happy occasion for me. My little city of Draper, UT is finally on the map. Yes, I'm happy to report that Draper is the home to In-N-Out store #282 (c'mon, only a true fan would know valuable information like that!).

As someone who used to live in California and be a frequent visitor, let's just say I've been waiting for this for a very long time. The anticipation has had me dreaming of the day when I could get in my car, drive 2.4 miles and order my very own #3, plus a chocolate milkshake (made from real ice cream, thank you very much!).

So I was so happy when my Pisces Sister suggested we do a "drive-by" around lunch time - just to see the odds of actually getting a #3 on opening day. Rumor has it one guy spent the night in the drive-thru just so he could be the first customer. That's some crazy devotion!

As you can see, the line was pretty l-o-n-g, but once we got in line, we were on a mission!

Our total wait time was about 1 hour, 30 min. But the time literally flew by...thanks to all the smiling In-N-Out employees who walked up and down the line of cars and kept us entertained. This was our favorite. Meet James. He's an All-Star.

James travels around the country and opens stores with Berto, who's another All-Star. We got James' autograph. He's a super star!

Here's our partners in crime - Joannie and Brenda. We nicknamed them: "Hot 'n fresh, just like the burgers!"

So very close! And so worth the wait!

I should probably mention that once we got back to the office, poor Megan dropped her bag of food and lost some of her precious french fries. But, being the fans that we are, this didn't phase us at all. The three of us were more than willing to share our fries with Megan...that's what James would've done. After all, we may not be official "All-Stars", but we're definitely official fans!

Long live In-N-Out!
PK

P.S. I was needing a reason to go back to the gym. I think I just found it!

P.P.S. Have you heard whisperings of In-N-Out's "secret menu"? Guess what? It's not a secret! Click HERE to see it!

3 comments:

sharon g said...

Now I feel guilty! I live in CA, and never go to In N Out, because I don't really care for the food. And all the while you have been yearning for it...But I'm glad that you can get your fix now.

Jeff Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Rose said...

Totally worth the wait! Sadly and proudly enough, I would have done the same thing. People wait in line for Black Friday sales, this has even more merit!

As you can see, I love In N Out burger, too