Friday, September 26, 2008

Long Time Coming!

This past Tuesday I was promoted from associate editor to editor. And while it seems my title has significantly gone down in syllables, I'm now spearheading our online initiatives, which means I get to focus my attention on a specific area and hopefully leave a positive mark on it.

And while all of the congrats and well wishes were going around the office, this particular e-mail came right at the end of the day - right when it needed to.

Kelly my love, I am so proud of you!
You totally rock my world. Speaking of rocking,
wanna come over this weekend and play my
Bongo drums? (Clothing optional of course)!

Much love - Matt

Thank you Joannie McBride for sharing my borderline stalker fascination with this man! Yes, he's a little crazy of late... Perhaps he's banged on one too many bongos. But at least he keeps true to his motto - "J.K. Livin". Perhaps we should all throw caution to the wind and "dance like no one's watching!"

PK

10 comments:

Melony & Todd Dame said...

PK, I am so excited for you. Congrats. I am also excited to start gettting your magazine again when I am back in the states and hopefully in a place longer than 4 months. Take care,
Melony

Brandy J. said...

Kelly, this promotion was long overdue for sure! I agree that you need a better title than Editor. Maybe you should have a contest to pick a name for yourself. Online Editor Extraordinaire, Online Maven, Website Wonder Woman...hmmmmm...whatdayathink? ~Brandy

Brandy J. said...

Oh, I almost forgot! Joannie's congratulatory email was pretty funny. Mathew is definitely more my style than Dean Cain...and Jim Belushi! ~Brandy

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for PK...and for Matthew! So happy for you, Kelly! It is, as Brandy said, so long overdue and so well deserved. I love "Website Wonder Woman"--it incorporates the whole www thing so nicely.

And so glad we're all one big family on the "other side of the wall"--and not just because I get to drool over all your Matthew photos! ;)

Stefanie said...

Congrats on your promotion, Kelly! And that email is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. ;-)

Alice said...

Hi Kelly - sorry it took me so long to get my butt over here ;) A BIG congrats on your well deserved promotion!! I'm so happy to see all of your hard work paying off!

Megan said...

Yay, yay for PK! Congrats on the promotion.

And pay no attention to that Brandy. She's obviously blind to the pure beauty that is Dean Cain. Oh, and Matt is nice, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on that amazing promotion! Pretty cool!

Melissa said...

Ohhhhh...stink! I am laughing and perhaps even snorting a bit :)--You are adorable....that darn Matthew does NOT know what he is missin' :)----you are amazing and I am so happy for you and your new position!
Melissa

Little Dame said...

CONGRATS PK!!!! Maybe we need to celebrate while I am in town. . . cupcakes anyone? :)